- How do I get an estimate ?
- You can phone or email me, to arrange a suitable time for an on-site visit and survey. Yes, of course it's FREE. I will offer advice and an accurate quote with no commitment from you.
- Do you work at week-ends ?
- Yes, I work six days of the week.
- How do you accept payment ?
- You pay me on completion of work by Cash/Cheque/PayPal (Credit Card) only if you're happy with the work, which I guarantee you will be of course.
- How long will it take to clean my carpet ?
- When I undertake your FREE survey,
I will give you an accurate time scale. I have very up-to-date machinery that will complete the work faster and more thoroughly than any other system, in order that your home will return to normal as soon as possible
- How often should I clean my carpets ?
- Your carpets should be professionally cleaned every 12 months. When cleaned and maintained correctly, the carpet life is extended. Your carpet will not be damaged if cleaned correctly and on a regular basis. It is the unseen bacteria, soils and allergens that cause the damage.
- Will all of my furniture have to be moved out ?
- No, all I ask you is to move smaller objects and breakables. Most furniture I can move, clean and put back as I progress , however I do not move heavy items like buffets, pianos, electronics, china cabinets, waterbeds, some large beds, dressers with mirrors, musical instruments, grandfather clocks, full bookshelves, entertainment centers, pool tables etc.
- How long will my carpet take to dry ?
- This must be the most commonly asked question, of course there are many factors such as depth of pile, the amount of soiling, weather and temperature in the property. A truck mounted system will leave the carpet as dry as possible and dryer than any other system. A good rule of thumb is that it should take between 2 to 4 hours to dry, a lot less if the weather is fine.
- Will my carpet shrink ?
- Another popular question this, some types of carpet are prone to shrinkage, I will advise you at the time of survey. Measures would be taken to prevent any shrinkage, so don't worry. If the carpet is fitted professionally, the problem should not arise.
- I've heard that steam cleaning can damage my carpets ?
- Absolutely not, in fact Shaw and DuPont Industries as well as other carpet manufacturers prefer this method. It's considered to be the only way to remove deep soiling and other embedded contaminants.
- Will it be possible to remove all of the stains on my carpet ?
- Every stain or spot will be treated, however some stains are permanent, so I cannot guarantee their complete removal, but will certainly do my very best to remove them. Certain dyes from food colouring and other products such as pollens, tannin from tea, coffee etc, can cause permanent damage to carpets. Complete removal can be dependent on the length of time the stain has been in existence, so it's imperative to have them treated at once.
- Will carpet cleaning get rid of fleas in my carpet ?
- I cannot guarantee that the cleaning will get rid of all the fleas. I usually recommend that you kill the adult fleas first by whichever method you prefer, this is something that a professional exterminator might be able to help with. Please keep in mind that the carpet is not the only place fleas will lay eggs, you might consider having your upholstery treated and cleaned as well as any area rugs or pet beds.
- Help ! My Washing Machine Overflowed.
- It is important to act quickly to avoid further damage. Try to remove as much of the water as possible by placing towels on the wet carpet. DO NOT stand on the towels or walk on the area if at all possible as this will cause the water to soak through and damage the underlay and floor underneath. Replace towels with dry ones, once they become soaked. Try to ensure there is good ventilation in the area by opening the windows if possible and place a fan on the opposite side of the wet area to blow air across the wet carpet towards the window. Call me at Border Carpet & Window Cleaning, to professionally extract the remaining water and apply an anti microbial treatment to prevent mold and a solution to prevent the carpet turning brown.
- How do I maintain my carpets ?
- Regular vacuuming is one of the best maintenance activities you can do on your own. Most vacuuming, however, is done quickly and even the best household vacuums canít be as effective when you move to fast. Give your vacuum time to lift the carpet pile, agitate it and remove the soils. Most soils are dry and can be removed properly if vacuumed promptly and properly. Spills should be treated as soon as possible to avoid staining.
- How do you guarantee customer satisfaction ?
- I am very happy to work with you to correct any situation that may arise.
In some cases this can mean spot cleaning specific areas of concern or even completely re-cleaning the area in question.
In the end, I am not satisfied until you are.
- Do you have public liability insurance ?
- I certainly do have public liability insurance.
You can have peace of mind in case of any personal or property damage.Though I always take extreme care with safety, and your property, it is still nice to know that you will not be at a loss if an accident occurs.